Our summer Sunday night theme this year is “#fbchbless”, which is rooted in Genesis 12:2-3 – “I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great, and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” We want to bless our neighbors and bring the blessing of the Gospel to our neighbors and the nations. Each week in July we will focus on how we can bless our community.
B – Be A Light (July 2)
• Organized by Life Groups to have an OUTREACH fellowship in homes, at a park, at the lake, or any place you can create a fun and friendly environment to invite friends who are hurting, need Jesus, or not connected to a church home.
• This is July 4th Weekend, so you might want to have your fellowship on Saturday, Sunday night, Monday, or Tuesday.
L – Lead Your Family (July 9)
• Family Worship Night
• We will publish a model for your family to help guide your family devotion and worship time.
E – Everyone Fellowship (July 16)
• Experience genuine biblical fellowship (koinonia) as the entire church fellowships at 6:00 pm in the family life center.
We will have hamburgers, chips, and drinks however we need you to bring homemade ice cream!
• We will indoor games and outside games for all ages!
S – Serve in the Community (July 23)
• Life group leaders encouraged to help members think of creative & fun places to serve in our community like going to
a boat launch and frying fish, host a block party, or other random acts of kindness in neighborhoods like picking up
trash, taking cookies to shut-ins or nursing homes, visit FBC Haughton members and friends in hospitals, landscaping at
church or one of the schools, send letters to public officials, teachers, principals, the Governor, politicians, etc. letting
them know you are praying for them
S – Saturate the Community in Prayer
• Life Groups and individuals can pray at schools, fire stations, police stations, or have family prayer walks in your
neighborhood or community.
Be sure to tag us in social media each week with #fbchbless!
Bro. Gevan will kick-off #fbchbless on Sunday, June 25, in the evening service, so be sure to be there!